Predat zahtev Srbije za kandidaturu u EU

He-he. I'm not saying Bulgaria is the best in the world in any aspect, but you're offering me quite general and personal comment ("Bulgaria didn't impress me"), which can't be denied or supported. I believe you. That's all.

Bratko,covek ti je rekao da nije uopste impresioniran jednom zemljom EU....za razliku od nas niste imali ni ratova,ni sankcija ni ekonomske blokade,niti ste bili bombardovani,kad pogledam sta smo sve mi pretrpeli od 1991. na ovamo trebali bi biti daleko ispred nas,a u stvari smo tu negde

Bratko,covek ti je rekao da nije uopste impresioniran jednom zemljom EU....za razliku od nas niste imali ni ratova,ni sankcija ni ekonomske blokade,niti ste bili bombardovani,kad pogledam sta smo sve mi pretrpeli od 1991. na ovamo trebali bi biti daleko ispred nas,a u stvari smo tu negde

Myths, ignorance of the circumstances of the Bulgarian Transition, general allegations without arguments, blatant self-victimization... Try to think beyond these Serbian urban legends, pal: "We were the absolute victims of the evil Fortune, the others dealt with it fairly easy." Blah-blah-blah. One simple example. Our countries have common border. Your country lies between my country and Western Europe, hence in times of peace Serbia is the most passable transport corridor to our major economic partners (it will last until the completion of the Corridor 4 through Romania). Because of this to no inconsiderable degree "your sanctions" were "our sanctions" as well. In the eyes of the Westerners we were part of the same troublesome region with significant negative effects like permanent expectations of instability, insufficient foreign investments and so on. Second simple example. Over 80% of our economy before 1989 were bound to USSR and its satellites and it was 99% property of the state. Today over 60% of our export head to EU countries. These facts mean profound and painful change of the very base of the Bulgarian society. "We were severely punished and therefore we are poor, but our happy neighbors were lazy and stupid and because of that they are poor too" is quite perverted myth.

Poslednja izmena:
Myths, ignorance of the circumstances of the Bulgarian Transition, general allegations without arguments, blatant self-victimization... Try to think beyond these Serbian urban legends, pal: "We were the absolute victims of the evil Fortune, the others dealt with it fairly easy." Blah-blah-blah. One simple example. Our countries have common border. Your country lies between my country and Western Europe, hence in times of peace Serbia is the most passable transport corridor to our major economic partners (it will last until the completion of the Corridor 4 through Romania). Because of this to no inconsiderable degree "your sanctions" were "our sanctions" as well. In the eyes of the Westerners we were part of the same troublesome region with significant negative effects like permanent expectations of instability, insufficient foreign investments and so on. Second simple example. Over 80% of our economy before 1989 were bound to USSR and its satellites and it was 99% property of the state. Today over 60% of our export head to EU countries. These facts mean profound and painful change of the very base of the Bulgarian society. "We were severely punished and therefore we are poor, but our happy neighbors were lazy and stupid and because of that they are poor too" is quite perverted myth.

O cemu ti pricas covece,uopste mi nije bila namera da vas nazovem lenjim ili glupim,niti sam to tvrdio,naprotiv....nase zemlje se nalaze ko sto si rekao na geostrateski veoma vaznim polozajima i zbog toga je stranim faktorima bitno da ne budemo stabilni i prosperitetni jer se tako najlakse moze manipulisati i drzati nas uvek zavisnim od volje neke velike sile....zasto ove periferne bivse sovjetske balticke republike nikad nisu imale tih problema....jer se nalaze na geostrateski potpuno nebitnom polozaju,i interesovanje velikih sila za njih je malo.....A i mi imamo to prokletstvo da je kod nas uvek bure baruta za koje se ne zna kad moze da eksplodira,s tim sto fitilj uvek zapali neko sa zapada

[/SIZE][/B]

O cemu ti pricas covece,uopste mi nije bila namera da vas nazovem lenjim ili glupim,niti sam to tvrdio,naprotiv....nase zemlje se nalaze ko sto si rekao na geostrateski veoma vaznim polozajima i zbog toga je stranim faktorima bitno da ne budemo stabilni i prosperitetni jer se tako najlakse moze manipulisati i drzati nas uvek zavisnim od volje neke velike sile....zasto ove periferne bivse sovjetske balticke republike nikad nisu imale tih problema....jer se nalaze na geostrateski potpuno nebitnom polozaju,i interesovanje velikih sila za njih je malo.....A i mi imamo to prokletstvo da je kod nas uvek bure baruta za koje se ne zna kad moze da eksplodira,s tim sto fitilj uvek zapali neko sa zapada

Indeed, that is how your arguments sound: "We had wars and sanctions, you were free of such troubles, but nevertheless now you are in the same bog like us".

I'm afraid you will be dependent on the will of the larger European powers even with standard of living as high as the standard of Luxembourg. Between the medium (like Serbia and Bulgaria) and the largest European countries there is a drastic disproportion of resources and this situation won't change in the near decades. The political consequences of this fact are obvious.

I don't think that the Baltic countries don't have strategic importance for EU - they are a barrier against Russian influence in Central Europe, they are too small to resist to Russia alone. I don't mean any kind of drastic confrontation with Russia, on the contrary, it is a strategic European partner, but EU Baltic policy is a measure against its economic expansionism and appetites for restoration of its political positions in all the countries of the former USSR. Still more, from the perspective of NATO interests the Baltic region is a spearhead, stuck on 800 kilometers from Moscow.

By the way, the importance of Serbia as transport corridor will decrease after the completion of the European transport corridor 4:

500px-Pan-European_corridors.svg.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan-European_corridors

The routes from Istanbul and Athens to Central Europe will pass through Bulgaria and Romania as well, the distances are the same, but they lay entirely on EU territory without border and custom barriers. The building of a new bridge over Danube near Vidin, part of the Corridor 4, is making rapid progress:

week_47_2.jpg

week_46_9.jpg

week_48_2.jpg

http://www.danubebridge2.com/en/

I don't want to offend you in any way, but I think that the myths of our Balkan "strategic importance" are nothing more than national romantic exaggeration. Serbia and Bulgaria are not irreplaceable in many aspects. See the project of South Stream Gas Pipeline for example - Russia could built it through Turkey and Greece or through Romania and Hungary if Serbia and Bulgaria refuse to accept some of the key Russian pretensions. The same is with EU on its way to Turkey and Near East beyond it - there are routes through Croatia, Montenegro, Albania and Greece and Romania and Bulgaria, which exclude Serbia. I think we have to be more realistic and we must not act as "European powers" or even "leaders of the region", the second is a permanent Serbian self-delusion.

Poslednja izmena:
Indeed, that is how your arguments sound: "We had wars and sanctions, you were free of such troubles, but nevertheless now you are in the same bog like us".

I'm afraid you will be dependent on the will of the larger European powers even with standard of living as high as the standard of Luxembourg. Between the medium (like Serbia and Bulgaria) and the largest European countries there is a drastic disproportion of resources and this situation won't change in the near decades. The political consequences of this fact are obvious.

I don't think that the Baltic countries don't have strategic importance for EU - they are a barrier against Russian influence in Central Europe, they are too small to resist to Russia alone. I don't mean any kind of drastic confrontation with Russia, on the contrary, it is a strategic European partner, but EU Baltic policy is a measure against its economic expansionism and appetites for restoration of its political positions in all the countries of the former USSR. Still more, from the perspective of NATO interests the Baltic region is a spearhead, stuck on 800 kilometers from Moscow.

By the way, the importance of Serbia as transport corridor will decrease after the completion of the European transport corridor 4:

500px-Pan-European_corridors.svg.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan-European_corridors

The routes from Istanbul and Athens to Central Europe will pass through Bulgaria and Romania as well, the distances are the same, but they lay entirely on EU territory without border and custom barriers. The building of a new bridge over Danube near Vidin, part of the Corridor 4, is making rapid progress:

week_47_2.jpg

week_46_9.jpg

week_48_2.jpg

http://www.danubebridge2.com/en/

I don't want to offend you in any way, but I think that the myths of our Balkan "strategic importance" are nothing more than national romantic exaggeration. Serbia and Bulgaria are not irreplaceable in many aspects. See the project of South Stream Gas Pipeline for example - Russia could built it through Turkey and Greece or through Romania and Hungary if Serbia and Bulgaria refuse to accept some of the key Russian pretensions. The same is with EU on its way to Turkey and Near East beyond it - there are routes through Croatia, Montenegro, Albania and Greece and Romania and Bulgaria, which exclude Serbia. I think we have to be more realistic and we must not act as "European powers" or even "leaders of the region", the second is a permanent Serbian self-delusion.

Naveo sam nase ratove i sankcije kao jedan od nacina velikih sila u sputavanju Srbije ka prosperitetu,Bugarska ih nije imala,ali ni Bugarska njima ne odgovara kao stabilna zemlja...sto se tice te vaznosti polozaja,ja bih iskreno voleo da ne budemo vazni,vec skroz periferni i da nas zaobilaze ta politicka trvenja istoka i zapada gde mi obicno placamo cenu..

Back