Kad banke strajkuju

gost 401905

Elita
Poruka
https://bankunderground.co.uk/2016/...blic-money-in-a-modern-economy-with-no-banks/

The cheque republic: money in a modern economy with no banks.

What happens when a country’s banking system shuts down? Just how damaging is it to the economy? During the 20th century, the Republic of Ireland’s banking system suffered industrial disputes, some of which caused the main banks to close for several months. When Greek banks closed temporarily last year, some commentators (e.g. Independent (2015), FT (2015)) recalled how, previously, the Irish public ingeniously circumvented the banking system and kept economic activity going. Using material in the Bank of England’s Archive relating to the 1970 dispute, we shed light on how halcyon those days really were.

With all the main Irish banks closed, interbank payments ground to a halt. Cash already circulating continued to be used for payments. Without the main banks open to channel it to where it was needed, though, shortages emerged. And there was no practical means for the Central Bank of Ireland to get more notes into the economy.

Denied access to a functioning banking system, Irish people continued writing each other cheques. Cheques were generally accepted as payment because the cheque’s recipient (payee) expected it would clear and settle within days of presenting it at a bank. Until a cheque settles, the payee faces counterparty risk, should the signatory to the cheque (payer) not honour it. During the Irish dispute, people accepted cheques in lieu of payment as IOUs. By doing so, they were shouldering the risk until the banks reopened. It was unclear, for a long time, when the dispute would end.

Irske banke su vise puta strajkavale, a strajk 1970, je bio najduzi, oko 6 meseci.

Kako bi se prilagodili nedostatku valute, ljudi su poceli da izdaju i primaju cekove kao sredstvo placanja. Ova praksa je imala prednosti i mane.
Cekovi su ublazili nedostatak novca i olaksali trgovinu, ali su preneli kreditni rizik na primaoce. Svesni ovog rizika ljudi su saradjivali samo sa ljudima u koje su imali poverenje, a odbijali su strance. Trgovine koje su nisu mogle tako da se ogranice morale su da prhvate odredjeni gubitak zbog nerealizovanih cekova.

https://bankunderground.co.uk/2016/...blic-money-in-a-modern-economy-with-no-banks/

Irske banke su vise puta strajkavale, a strajk 1970, je bio najduzi, oko 6 meseci.

Kako bi se prilagodili nedostatku valute, ljudi su poceli da izdaju i primaju cekove kao sredstvo placanja. Ova praksa je imala prednosti i mane.
Cekovi su ublazili nedostatak novca i olaksali trgovinu, ali su preneli kreditni rizik na primaoce. Svesni ovog rizika ljudi su saradjivali samo sa ljudima u koje su imali poverenje, a odbijali su strance. Trgovine koje su nisu mogle tako da se ogranice morale su da prhvate odredjeni gubitak zbog nerealizovanih cekova.

Банке (треба да) купују обвезнице и продају обвезнице.
Све остало што раде, (а раде) је криминал.

Back