Real adolescent, fashionable pessimism.
I mean, the silence. God's silence.

It is the dignifying of one's
psychological and sexual hang-ups

by attaching them to these
grandiose, philosophical issues?

Manhattan_02.jpg

MAIN-Bowie.jpg

David Bowie's ashes 'will be scattered at secret New York mountain location' where the icon spent his final days

Bowie fell in love with the area 15 years ago while recording his album “Heathen” there. Granted, he wasn’t a fan of the touristy town of Woodstock, admitting in 2002, “I went to Woodstock once and I hated it. It was just too cute for words.” But the nearby towns in the Catskills were another matter: “This is not cute. It’s stark, and it has a Spartan quality about it.”

The Mirror Has Two Faces

The-Mirror-Has-Two-Faces-barbra-streisand-17553577-1024-576.jpg

38479ada9ab2eaadcf04ebe06e498a97.jpg

mirrorhas2faces_3.jpg

Odličan rom-kom iz 90-ih. Strajsend & Bridžis imaju hemiju i karizmu. Film je zabavan, pun humora. Nakon ovog filma sam pokušao da odgledam film sa Milom Kunis & Timberlejkom, ljudi ko da se utrkuju da pričaju brzalice, a ne da glume... mislim ko priča toliko brzo u RL?

“I’m very worried about the depiction of women on the screen. It’s gotten worse than ever and it’s related to their being either high- or low-class concubines, and the only question is when or where they will go to bed, with whom, and how many. There’s nothing to do with the dreams of women, or of woman as the dream, nothing to do with the quirky part of her, the wonder of her.”
― John Cassavetes

“I’ve never seen an exploding helicopter. I’ve never seen anybody go and blow somebody’s head off. So why should I make films about them? But I have seen people destroy themselves in the smallest way, I’ve seen people withdraw, I’ve seen people hide behind political ideas, behind dope, behind the sexual revolution, behind fascism, behind hypocrisy, and I’ve myself done all these things. So I can understand them. What we are saying is so gentle. It’s gentleness. We have problems, terrible problems, but our problems are human problems.”
― John Cassavetes

1914209140-quote-i-never-understood-a-word-john-cassavetes-said-and-i-think-he-did-that-deliberately-peter-falk-59881.jpg

“These days, everybody is supposed to be so intelligent: ‘Isn’t it terrible about Nixon getting elected?’ ‘Did you hear about the earthquake in Peru?’ And you’re supposed to have all the answers. But when it gets down to the nitty-gritty, like, ‘What is bugging you, mister? Why can’t you make it with your wife? Why do you lie awake all night staring at the ceiling? Why, why, why do you refuse to recognize you have problems and deal with them?’
The answer is that people have forgotten how to relate or respond. In this day of mass communications and instant communications, there is no communication between people. Instead it’s long-winded stories or hostile bits, or laughter. But nobody’s really laughing. It’s more an hysterical, joyless kind of sound.
Translation: ‘I am here and I don’t know why.”

― John Cassavetes, Cassavetes on Cassavetes

Film_250w_Cassavetes_original.jpg

It's still on and we're goin'. Cyrus sent an emissary this afternoon to make sure. Now, Cyrus don't want anybody packed and he don't want anybody flexing any muscle. So, I gave him my word that the Warriors would uphold the truce. [pause] Now everybody says that Cyrus is the one and only. I think we better go have a look for ourself.

“Be lookin' good, Warriors. All the way back to Coney. Ya hear me, babies? Good. Re-e-al good. Adios.”

th

[talking outside the sauna room in the Russian and Turkish bathhouse]

- I'm listening. What do you need? 500? A grand?

Huh? I need... I need 15,000.

- Fifteen?

Yep.

- I need a blo*w job from Christy Turlington. Get the fuc*k outta here. $15,000?

Back