Life On Mars - US version

messenger_of_fear

Primećen član
Poruka
69238.jpg

Godina je 2008. i detektiv Tajler istražuje slučaj serijskog ubice. Međutim, kada doživi nesreću, tačnije, kada ga udare kola, on će se naći u 1973. godini! Da li je poludeo, da li je u komi, ili je samo putovao kroz vreme?

Pokušavajući da se izbori sa situacijom u kojoj se našao, kao i sa zastarelom tehnologijom i stavovima, Tajler pokušava da na sve načine otkrije šta mu se desilo, ubeđen da, ako otkrije kako se našao u prošlosti, može da ponađe način kako da se iz nje vrati u sadašnjost.

Serija je prerađena BBC-jeva verzija serije "Life On Mars" u produkciji američke televizijske kuće ABC.

Life On Mars - UK version

Do sada su izašle tri epizode. Prikazuju se četvrtkom uveče na televiziji ABC.

Uloge: Jason O'Mara, Harvey Keitel, Gretchen Mol
Info: Life On Mars (US)

Pa ne znam ni ja koja je bolja... Ista je priča, ali ima različitih detalja... Na primer, kada se tek pojavi u 1973, u američkoj verziji ugleda Svetski Trgovinski Centar. Tu su i hipici, i još dosta stvari kojih nema u engleskoj verziji. Ipak, i engleska ima svojih prednosti i originalnija je od američke... Ja gledam obe. :D Pogledaj prvo američku, ove tri epizode, četvrta izlazi u četvrtak, pa onda počni englesku verziju. Engleska je bila na B92, poslednja epizoda je u ponedeljak u 00:00 uveče.
I ja sam razmišljao o tome da ih stavim u istu temu, ali ipak su to dve različite serije... ;)

Ako neko slučajno gleda ovu seriju, da podsetim:
Večeras na američkoj televiziji ABC nova epizoda posle dvomesečne pauze!
Sutra će već biti moguć download...
_________
Epizode koje su do sada objavljene:

Episode 1 - Out Here in the Fields
Episode 2 - The Real Adventures of the Unreal Sam Tyler
Episode 3 - My Maharishi is Bigger than Your Maharishi
Episode 4 - Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing in the Shadows
Episode 5 - Things to Do in New York When You Think You're Dead
Episode 6 - Tuesday's Dead
Episode 7 - The Man Who Sold the World
Episode 8 - Take a Look at the Lawmen (večeras)

Life on Mars canceled

ABC nukes trippy time-traveling cop show from orbit, but will not pull the show from schedule until its initial order runs course.

Pushing Daisies, Eli Stone, Dirty Sexy Money, meet Life on Mars. ABC's mass grave of quality shows canceled before their time is one deeper, as the network has officially canceled the freshman sci-fi drama Life on Mars. But instead of the cold shoulder ABC gave last year's trio of high-profile cuts, Life on Mars is being given a proper farewell.

All five of the remaining episodes of Life on Mars will air as planned, reports Variety, instead of the usual shaft job of cutting a canceled show off in mid-stream. This is very important--and can be considered the news' silver lining for Mars fans--because of the show's eerie nature.

Life on Mars, about Detective Sam Tyler (Jason O'Mara) who finds himself somehow transported back to 1973 after being hit by a car, is a series-long mystery, with viewers (and Tyler) trying to determine whether Tyler has time-traveled, is dead, is in a coma, is simply insane, or a host of other possibilities. By airing the final episodes, and more importantly giving producers time to wrap things up, viewers will be able to get closure and get the answers they need (remember what happened when The Nine got canceled? Me either).

ABC clearly had a soft spot for the program, but once again had to make the difficult decision of breaking up with it because of disappointing ratings. It probably didn't help that the network decided to change its air time halfway through the series, and it might have done better if it had been held to midseason and paired with Lost all along. And the fact that the network hyped up its return after break only to show an episode out of order--opting for a standalone episode to welcome in new viewers instead of wrapping up a two-part cliffhanger (what was up with that!?!?)--was just a bad mistake that left a bad taste in the mouths of its fanbase.

I'll miss Life on Mars and its awesome soundtrack, its weird robots creeping out of people's eyes, the over-the-top police brutality and occasional vaudevillian fisticuffs, Michael Imperioli's snappy dialogue, and its oh-so-relaxed attitude. But most of all, I will miss Gretchen Mol's hair...that 'do was so horrendous it was bitchin'.

lifeonmars_annie.jpg

Goodbye, Annie. Goodbye, Annie's hair.

Back