Amerika gubi rat u Iraku

F-16 Shoot-down

Well it looks like the most recent F-16 crash might not have anything to do with camel spiders, but something much more serious.

Tactical Report blog reports that there are indications the F-16 that crashed four days ago was shot down. This is a disturbing development if true, since the U.S. military had seemingly gotten its arms around the spate of crashes and shoot-downs of helicopters.

The indication that the shoot-down occurred during the aircraft’s takeoff is also alarming because it points to the possibility that MANPAD teams are able to get close enough to U.S. air bases to launch in the opening moments of an aircraft’s flight.

The Tactical Report article follows:

Another US F-16 aircraft crashed on 15/7/07 during takeoff at Balad air base, 80 kilometers north of Baghdad. This was the second F-16 aircraft crash in just a month, as a crash had taken place on 15/6/07 shortly after taking off from the same base.

While the pilot of the first crash was killed, the pilot of the second one survived. But what caused both crashes remains under investigations by the US Air Force.

Reports from Baghdad suggest that hostile fire caused both crashes.

According to these reports, it is not just a coincidence that both aircraft crashed during takeoff.

Circles close to the Iraqi Defense Ministry suspect that a shoulder-held anti-aircraft missile might have been fired at both aircraft from an area not far from the air base.

These circles add that it is too difficult for any aircraft to maneuver and avoid a missile during takeoff.

According to these circles, the Iraqi insurgency has different types of anti-aircraft missiles, including SAM-7, SAM-8 and SAM-11, which can hit an aircraft during taking off or flying at low altitude.

UPDATE: Astute readers pointed out that while the SA-7 is a MANPAD, the others listed are not. It would be pretty unlikely for the USAF to not notice a truck-mounted system parked close by its air field, which casts even more doubt on the authenticity of this report. But it's still worth keeping and eye on what MNF-I determines might have been the cause of the crashes.

200000komada oružja nestalo koje su ameri kupili Iračkoj vojsci i policiji

---------------------------------------------
GOA report to Congressional Committees stresses that DOD can not guarantee that US funded weapons reach Iraqi security forces.

Here’s the bottom line on this particular mess;

110 thousand AK-47s and 80 thousand pistols purchased with US tax payers money in order to arm Iraqi security forces are simply “unaccounted” for by US Army.

Also, 135 thousand body armor vests, and 115 thousand helmets are also “missing”.

October 2006 Congress report stated that in 2003, 14 thousand firearms went “missing” in Iraq.

It also has to be mentioned, that out of more then 370 thousand guns US provided to Iraqi forces, serial numbers of only 10 thousand were registered by Pentagon, thus automatically leaving 360 thousand as unaccounted for.

That by effect allows Iraqi forces to use their US issue weapons against US forces with out any accountability, specifically because serial numbers of their weapons are not registered.

The rearming of Iraqi security forces contract topped $22 billion dollars by the way, while leaving the overwhelming majority of the firearms simply unaccounted for.

During all this mind you, US command continues to make unsupported allegations that it is in fact Iran that’s arming Iraqi insurgents, while not a single shred of evidence was ever presented.
---------------------------------------------------

http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d07711.pdf

pazi, rek'o je "ne jos"....
dok mogu da izmuzu sta treba, a da im troskovi ne predju gubitke ostace tamo....
i opet ce biti pobednici jer su izmuzli sta su hteli, a ostatak sveta ce slobodno moci da prica, gle kako su izgubili.... (a ameri trljaju stomak kolko su siti)....

Obersturmfuehrer:
pazi, rek'o je "ne jos"....
dok mogu da izmuzu sta treba, a da im troskovi ne predju gubitke ostace tamo....
i opet ce biti pobednici jer su izmuzli sta su hteli, a ostatak sveta ce slobodno moci da prica, gle kako su izgubili.... (a ameri trljaju stomak kolko su siti)....

I tako je mrmot zavio cokoladu....
Tesko da nesto uzimaju, cak i naftu, isuvise je gusto tamo...

Back