BBC nista o incidentu sa Čedinim džipom

STRANE AGENCIJE O NAPRAVI PODMETNUTOJ POD AUTOMOBIL ČEDOMIRA JOVANOVIĆA

Strane agencije izvestile su o napravi podmetnutoj pod automobil Čedomira Jovanovića, predsednika Liberalno demokratske partije. U izveštajima, agencije ističu Jovanovićevu ulogu u hapšenju i izručenju Slobodana Miloševića i studentskim demonstracijama. Agencije podsećaju i na njegove stavove o Kosovu i kritike koje iznosi na račun aktuelnog premijera Vojislava Koštunice. Izveštaje agencija prenosimo u originalu:

REUTERS / Serbia-election /liberals (update 3)
SERB POLICE FIND HARMLESS "BOMB" UNDER LEADER'S CAR
(Updates with police saying no live bomb found)

BELGRADE, Jan 19 (Reuters) - Serb police on Friday removed a suspect device from a car used by the Liberal Democratic Party leader two days before a parliamentary election but found what they said was a harmless bundle of wires and wet powder.

"We found a package, tied with wires, which contained a brick-coloured powder inside, very wet with no detonator. We do not believe it could have exploded ... we don't believe it could have caused injury," police spokesman Rodoljub Milovic told B92 television.

Party leader Cedomir Jovanovic was in a Belgrade restaurant when his security detail noticed something suspicious under his car parked outside, party sources said earlier.

"His security saw the object hanging under the car. It looked like a bomb. They didn't know what to do so they called the police," one witness told Reuters on condition of anonymity.

Jovanovic, 35, rose to prominence as a student leader who organised protests against the late strongman Slobodan Milosevic and was instrumental in his arrest and handover to the Hague war crimes tribunal in 2001.

He was a close associate of Serbian reformist Prime Minister Zoran Djindjic, who was assassinated in March 2003, allegedly by Milosevic loyalists.

Jovanovic is the only politician who has urged Serb voters to ignore promises from mainstream parties that breakaway Kosovo province, whose 90 percent Albanian majority demands independence from Serbia, can be forced to remain under Serbiansovereignty with diplomatic backing from Russia.

The West favours granting Kosovo a form of supervised independence.

AP

EXPLOSIVE FOUND UNDER VEHICLE OF OPPOSITION PARTY LEADER IN SERBIA

BELGRADE, Serbia (AP) - An explosive device was found under a vehicle used by the leader of the pro-Western Liberal Democratic Party late Friday, two days before Serbs vote in parliamentary elections, a party official said.

A security guard noticed the explosive planted underneath Cedomir Jovanovic's sports utility vehicle, which had been parked in downtown Belgrade while the opposition politician was at a meeting nearby, according to party spokesman Vera Didanovic.

An anti-terrorist police squad was called to remove the device, Didanovic said.

Police, who declined to comment, closed off a downtown area, but no residents have been evacuated.

Jovanovic was not immediately available for comment.

DPA / Serbia-Politics/Crime/

BOMB ATTACK AGAINST SERBIAN OPPOSITION POLITICIAN PREVENTED

Belgrade (DPA) - Two days before parliamentary elections in Serbia, an bomb attack against Serbian opposition politician Cedomir Jovanovic was prevented Friday evening, the Beta news agency reported.

Unknown attackers reportedly placed a bomb under Jovanovic's automobile that could be set off remotely, but the attack was prevented when a restaurant employee noticed something amiss with the automobile.

The politician and another member of his party were dining in another nearby restaurant.

Jovanovic is head of the Liberal Democratic Party (LDP).

He served for a time after the 2003 murder of Minister President Zoran Djindjic as vice government chief. In 2001 he was prominently involved in the arrest and extradition of former Yugoslav president Slobodan Milosevic to the U.N. war crimes tribunal in The Hague.

Jovanovic and several other leading Djindjic supporters left the ruling Democratic Party (DS) after disagreements with the new leadership following the murder of the premier. He has been a sharp critic of Serbia's current Prime Minister Vojislav Kostunica.

BEOGRAD - Incident s navodno postavljenom bombom ispod džipa lidera LDP Čede Jovanovića ne samo što je izazvao oprečna viđenja ovog događaja u MUP i LDP, nego je i podstakao Biljanu Kovačević-Vučo da ospe žestoku paljbu po direktoru B92 Veranu Matiću. Kovačevićeva je, naime, zbog zabrane da se na sajtu B92 komentariše vest o Čedi i bombi, optužila Matića za saučesništvo u napadu na lidera LDP.

http://www.kurir-info.co.yu/arhiva/2007/januar/21/V-01-21012007.shtml

Neverovatno sta rade americke marionete i placenici!

Kutija je podmetnuta samo kako bi se pomoglo Cedi da predje cenzus i da se prekine predizborna tisina. Kurir treba kazniti zbog ovog izvestaja!

Back