Best quotes!

Zorba the Greek

Alexis Zorba: Why do the young die? Why does anybody die?
Basil: I don't know.
Alexis Zorba: What's the use of all your damn books if they can't answer that?
Basil: They tell me about the agony of men who can't answer questions like yours.
Alexis Zorba: I spit on this agony!

:)

Fight Club

Tyler Durden: Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

Tyler Durden: You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your ******* khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

Welcome to Fight Club. The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: you DO NOT talk about Fight Club! Third rule of Fight Club: if someone yells "stop!", goes limp, or taps out, the fight is over. Fourth rule: only two guys to a fight. Fifth rule: one fight at a time, fellas. Sixth rule: the fights are bare knuckle. No shirt, no shoes, no weapons. Seventh rule: fights will go on as long as they have to. And the eighth and final rule: if this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight.

[to the police chief] Hi. You're going to call off your rigorous investigation. You're going to publicly state that there is no underground group. Or... these guys are going to take your balls. They're going to send one to the New York Times, one to the LA Times press-release style. Look, the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep. Do not... **** with us.

Narrator: Tyler's not here. Tyler went away. Tyler's gone.

Tyler Durden: Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler.

i moja omiljena

You met me at a very strange time in my life.

vrhunski monolog iz vrhunskog filma

The Last Boy Scout

[Joe has just found out that Mike was sleeping with his wife]
Mike Mathews: Look Joe, it just happened.
Joe Hallenbeck: Sure, sure, it just happened. Could happen to anybody. It was an accident, right? You tripped, fell on the floor and accidently stuck your dick into my wife. "Oops, I'm sorry, Mrs. H, I guess this just isn't my week".

Joe Hallenbeck: Leather pants.
Jimmy Dix: Yeah.
Joe Hallenbeck: What's something like that run?
Jimmy Dix: Six-fifty.
Joe Hallenbeck: Six hundred and fifty dollars?
Joe Hallenbeck: They're pants.
Joe Hallenbeck: You wear them?
Jimmy Dix: YES.
Joe Hallenbeck: They don't, like, have a TV in them or something?
Jimmy Dix: Nope.
Joe Hallenbeck: I am very old.

Marvin (Older Marshall): You William Blake?
William Blake: Yes, I am. Do you know my poetry?

Nobody: Stupid fuckin white man!

Big George: What's a Philistine?
Sally: Well, it's just a real dirty person.

Big George: That's terrible.
Sally: It's horrible.
Big George: Terrible is what it is.

Annie Hall (1977)

1. [Alvy addresses a pair of strangers on the street]
Alvy Singer: Here, you look like a very happy couple, um, are you?
Female street stranger: Yeah.
Alvy Singer: Yeah? So, so, how do you account for it?
Female street stranger: Uh, I'm very shallow and empty and I have no ideas and nothing interesting to say.
Male street stranger: And I'm exactly the same way.
Alvy Singer: I see. Wow. That's very interesting. So you've managed to work out something?

2. [Alvy and Annie are seeing their therapists at the same time on a split screen]
Alvy Singer's Therapist: How often do you sleep together?
Annie Hall's Therapist: Do you have sex often?
Alvy Singer: [lamenting] Hardly ever. Maybe three times a week.
Annie Hall: [annoyed] Constantly. I'd say three times a week.

The Godfather (1972)

Don Corleone: Bonasera, Bonasera, what have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully? If you'd come to me in friendship, this scum who ruined your daughter would be suffering this very day. And if by some chance an honest man like yourself made enemies they would become my enemies. And then, they would fear you.

Annie Hall (1977)

1. [Alvy addresses a pair of strangers on the street]
Alvy Singer: Here, you look like a very happy couple, um, are you?
Female street stranger: Yeah.
Alvy Singer: Yeah? So, so, how do you account for it?
Female street stranger: Uh, I'm very shallow and empty and I have no ideas and nothing interesting to say.
Male street stranger: And I'm exactly the same way.
Alvy Singer: I see. Wow. That's very interesting. So you've managed to work out something?

2. [Alvy and Annie are seeing their therapists at the same time on a split screen]
Alvy Singer's Therapist: How often do you sleep together?
Annie Hall's Therapist: Do you have sex often?
Alvy Singer: [lamenting] Hardly ever. Maybe three times a week.
Annie Hall: [annoyed] Constantly. I'd say three times a week.

:) :) :)

Some Like It Hot

Jerry: Have I got things to tell you!
Joe: What happened?
Jerry: I'm engaged.
Joe: Congratulations. Who's the lucky girl?
Jerry: I am!

[last lines]
Jerry: Oh, you don't understand, Osgood! Ehhhh... I'm a man.
Osgood: Well, nobody's perfect.

Pisite vace omiljene citate iz filmova :)
Evo mojih,napisacu jos u toku dana :)

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman/Full metal jacket

#What is your major malfunction, numbnuts? Didn't Mommy and Daddy show you enough attention when you were a child?

#Today... is Christmas! There will be a magic show at zero-nine-thirty! Chaplain Charlie will tell you about how the free world will conquer Communism with the aid of God and a few Marines! God has a hard-on for Marines because we kill everything we see! He plays His games, we play ours! To show our appreciation for so much power, we keep heaven packed with fresh souls! God was here before the Marine Corps! So you can give your heart to Jesus, but your ass belongs to the Corps! Do you ladies understand?

#I bet you're the kind of guy that would **** a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around. I'll be watching you.

Eskimo pussy is mighty cold !

As time goes by and his position becomes stronger...
will he attempt any individual vendetta?

Look, we are all reasonable men here.

We don't have to give assurances
as if we were lawyers.

You talk about vengeance.

Is vengeance gonna bring your son back to you?

Or my boy to me?

I forego the vengeance of my son.

But I have selfish reasons.

My youngest son...

was forced to leave this country...

because of this Sollozzo business.

All right. And I have to make arrangements...

to bring him back here safely,
cleared of all these false charges.

But I'm a superstitious man.

And if some unlucky accident should befall him...

if he should get shot
in the head by a police officer...

or if he should hang himself in his jail cell...

of if he's struck by a bolt of lightening...

then I'm going to blame
some of the people in this room.

And that I do not forgive.

Don Vito Corleone

--------------------------

He could have been big here.
He could have had his own family.

Tom...

...what do I do now?

Frankie...

You were always interested
in politics and history.

I remember you talking about Hitler
back in '33.

Yeah, I still read a lot.
I get good stuff in there.

You were around the old-timers, who
built the organisation of the families,

basing them on the old Roman legions,
with "regimes", "capos" and "soldiers".

- And it worked.
- Yeah, it worked.

Those were the great old days,
you know.

We was like the Roman Empire.

The Corleone family
was like the Roman Empire.

Yeah...

...it was once.

Frankie...

When a plot against
the Emperor failed...

...the plotters were always
given a chance...

...to let their families keep their fortunes.
Right?

Only the rich guys.

The little guys got knocked off and all
their estates went to the Emperors.

Unless they went home and killed
themselves, then nothing happened.

And their families were taken care of.

That was a good break, a nice deal.

Yeah.

They went home...

...and sat in a hot bath...

...opened up their veins...

...and bled to death.

And sometimes they had a little party
before they did it.

Don't worry about anything,
Frankie Five-Angels.

Thanks, Tom. Thanks.

- See you, Tom.
- Addio, Frankie.

Cosigliere & Frankie Pentangeli & old New York times

----------------------

- Eriksson, waste the bitch.
- What?

You heard me. Grease her.

Get Reilly. I want that support.
Slicks, snakes, everything.

Right, sarge.

Big Brother 0-2,
this is Silent Twin 0-2, over.

I want you to waste her.

I don't know
what you're talking about.

- Kill the bitch.
- You're nuts!

Brownie would kick your ass on this.

He would not tolerate this bullshit!

Brownie ain't on my frequency no more.

Brownie's on dead frequency .
You on my frequency, motherfuc*ker?

If you ain't, you're K.I.A.,
just like the gooks.

Casualties of War / Michael J Fox & Sean Penn

Poslednja izmena:
Apocalypse Now

Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that.
[kneels]
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like
[sniffing, pondering]
Kilgore: victory. Someday this war's gonna end...
[suddenly walks off]

Annie Hall

Alvy Singer: I feel that life is divided into the horrible and the miserable. That's the two categories. The horrible are like, I don't know, terminal cases, you know, and blind people, crippled. I don't know how they get through life. It's amazing to me. And the miserable is everyone else. So you should be thankful that you're miserable, because that's very lucky, to be miserable.

American History X - Hate is a baggage.Life is too short to be pissed off all the time.It's just not worth it :worth:

Fight Club - How do u know that u are alive if you've never been in a fight?

People vs Larry Flint - Opinions are like assholes:everybody's got one!

Gladiator - Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

Dead Poets Society - Carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary.

Oldboy
If they had told me it was going to be fifteen years, would it have been easier to endure?

Fight Club
Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

Narrator: A new car built by my company leaves somewhere traveling at 60 mph. The rear differential locks up. The car crashes and burns with everyone trapped inside. Now, should we initiate a recall? Take the number of vehicles in the field, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average out-of-court settlement, C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a recall, we don't do one.
Business woman on plane: Are there a lot of these kinds of accidents?
Narrator: You wouldn't believe.
Business woman on plane: Which car company do you work for?
Narrator: A major one.

American beauty.
Ricky Fitts: My dad thinks I paid for all this with catering jobs. Never underestimate the power of denial.

Back