Best quotes!

What exactly are we celebrating? - Thanksgiving.

Thanks for what, hmm?

The annihilation of an entire indigenous people.

A loving union of two great cultures.

Just like us. - How transcontinental.

( Easy Virtue )

I wake up. It's four in the morning. I don't know who I'm with, why I'm there and where I am. What am I gonna do? I got this Asian flower, all giggly and dewy-like; and this hard-boiled navy nurse outta Omaha, on the other. We're three across the bed, not a stitch of clothes on. It comes to me. Let east meet west. We'll build a golden bridge. Hah-hah !

Scent of a Woman

I'll tell you one thing that's certain; you won't fight dying once you've peeked over to the other side;

you'll no more want to go back to your body than you'd want to spoon up your own puke.

tumblr_nut2e76u7H1qetb0ho1_1280.jpg

( The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford )

Gentlemen, gentlemen... I'll never understand. All these books, a world of knowledge at your fingertips. What do you do? You play poker all night.

Hey! We've got culture! We've got culture comin' out our ass!

[turns on classical music] How's this for culture?

( Se7en )

Soul is the music people understand. Sure it's basic and it's simple. But it's something else 'cause, 'cause, 'cause it's honest, that's it. Its honest. There's no fuckin' bullshit. It sticks its neck out and says it straight from the heart. Sure there's a lot of different music you can get off on but soul is more than that. It takes you somewhere else. It grabs you by the balls and lifts you above the shite.

The Commitments

Marquise de Merteuil: When I came out into society, I was fifteen. I already knew that the role I was condemned to, namely to keep quiet and do what I was told, gave me the perfect opportunity to listen and observe. Not to what people told me, which naturally was of no interest, but to whatever it was they were trying to hide. I practiced detachment. I learned how to look cheerful while, under the table, I stuck a fork into the back of my hand. I became a virtuoso of deceit. It wasn't pleasure I was after, it was knowledge. I consulted the strictest moralists to learn how to appear, philosophers to find out what to think, and novelists to see what I could get away with. And in the end, I distilled everything to one wonderfully simple principle: win or die.

When you go looking for something specific, your chances of finding it are very bad. Because of all the things in the world, you’re only looking for one of them. When you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good. Because of all the things in the world, you’re sure to find some of them.

The Zero Effect

Agent Smith: I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instictively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a desease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague and we are the cure.

The Matrix

DR WHO:
Human progress isn’t measured by industry. It’s measured by the value you place on a life. An unimportant life. A life without privilege. That boy who died on the river, that boy’s value is *your* value.
..Who I am is where I stand, where I stand is where I fall..

-Tell me, senator, did you nurse Catherine yourself?
-What?
-Did you breast-feed her?
-Yes, I did.
-Toughened your nipples, didn't it?
-You son of a bitch!
-Tell me, mom, when your little girl is on the slab, where will it tickle you?
-Take this thing back to Baltimore.
-Five-foot-ten, strongly built, about 180 pounds. Hair, blond. Eyes, pale blue. He'd be about 35 now. He said he lived in Philadelphia, but may have lied. That's all I can remember, mom. But if I think of any more, I will let you know. Oh, and, senator, just one more thing. Love your suit.

The Silence of the lambs

Poslednja izmena:
Have you ever read
Christopher Columbus' journals?

Of course not.

In his petition
to the queen of Spain,

he promised the conversion
to her holy faith
of a great number of peoples.

And he went on
and mentioned God 26 times.

Gold, on the other hand,
he mentioned 114 times.

Smart dago.

( Gold )

Who do you think is running Congress? Farmers? Engineers? Teachers? Businessmen? No, my friends. Congress is run by lawyers. A lawyer is trained for two things and two things only. To clarify - that's one. And to confuse - that's the other. He does whichever is to his client's advantage. Did you ever ask a lawyer the time of day? He told you how to make a watch, didn't he? Ever ask a lawyer how to get to Mr. Jones' house in the country? You got lost, didn't you? Congress is composed of five hundred and thirty-five individuals. Two hundred and eighty-eight are lawyers. And you wonder what's wrong in Congress. No wonder we often know how to make a watch, but we don't know the time of day.

Nashville

Have you never wanted to do anything that was dangerous? Where should we be if no one tried to find out what lies beyond? Have your never wanted to look beyond the clouds and the stars, or to know what causes the trees to bud? And what changes the darkness into light? But if you talk like that, people call you crazy. Well, if I could discover just one of these things, what eternity is, for example, I wouldn't care if they did think I was crazy.

Frankenstein (1931)

That concludes the formal part of this
evening's proceedings and our meeting.

Let us now retire for
a moment of harmony.

- What made you join the force, Bruce?

- Police oppression, brother.
I'd witnessed far too many cases of it
in the mining community I grew up in.

And you wanted to stamp it out
from the inside?

- No, I wanted to be a part of it.

( Filth )

Walter Neff: You'll be here too?

Phyllis: I guess so, I usually am.

Walter Neff: Same chair, same perfume, same anklet?

Phyllis: I wonder if I know what you mean.

Walter Neff: I wonder if you wonder.

Double Indemnity

The cities are full of women, middle-aged widows, husbands dead, husbands who've spent their lives making fortunes, working and working, and then they die and leave their money to their wives, their silly wives. And what do the wives do, these useless women? You see them in the hotels, the best hotels every day by the thousands, drinking the money, eating the money, losing the money at bridge, playing all day and all night, smelling of money. Proud of their jewelry, but of nothing else. Horrible, faded, fat, greedy women.

Shadow of a Doubt

Back