Средњевековна Србија

Očekujem da neki znalac prozbori koju o ovom novčiću, iskovanom od bakarne legure, prečnika ~ 9mm, težine ~ 1g i debljine ~2 mm. Čini mi se sličnim novčiću despota Stefana Lazarevića, pod. br. 73 (u Katalogu M. Jovanovića).Nažalost, fotografije nisu baš najboljeg kvaliteta.

Ovo je bakreni novac Turske (Otomansko carstvo).Srpski naziv je mangura dok ga turci zovu mangir.Ova vrsta nema natpis samo ornamentiku.Kovana je u 15 veku.pišta

Hvala na komentaru. U međuvremenu sam dobio odgovore iz Turske i od Orthodox coins-a (u prilogu) u kojima decidno tvrde da novčić nije ni otomanskog niti arapskog porekla. Uzgred, čini se da uopšte nije ni srpskog!
Pozdrav

P.S. Re: A coin identification inquiry
Sunday, November 9, 2008 9:46 PM
This sender is DomainKeys verified
"Orthodoxcoins" <orthodoxcoins@yahoo.com>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
<dane18300@yahoo.com>

Hello,
I do not believe the attached coin could be attributed as Serbian, Bulgarian, Byzantine or a local imitation.
Mr. Jovanovic does not provide any arguments for his attribution of the coin as Serbian. In fact, he attri-butes it as such quite informally, solely on the grounds that the coin was found in an area which was on-ce part of the Serbian country. I don't believe that is a strong argument.
The only analogy I could make is to some of the anonymous Bulgarian issues from 1395-1415, mainly due to the size of the coin, material, and lack of letters. However, those coins usually reflect 3-4 crosses, as opposed to stars.
There are also certain coins, i.e., "church coins," which have similar size and thickness. Such coins were made of copper but even those coins either reflected various Christian signs or letters. Those coins, however, were struck around the 19th century and apparently are unrelated to the coin in question.
There are also certain Wallachian copper coins of similar size. Such coins have stars on the obverse, but also have a cross on the reverse. Those coins were issued by Radu I (14th century). If your coin is such, it is clearly unpublished in the Romanian numismatic literature.
Your coin is clearly neither not Ottoman nor Arabic. It could potentially be a "copper pool" of the Golden Hoard, however, I am unaware of such type.
Hope that helps. Apologies for the delay!

Orthodoxcoins

Back