Rafael Nadal

Neka,neka,mozemo mi zezati Rafu,i treba malo,ali decko je faca :D :D :D

No,da dam i ja malo svoj doprinos...Mora da je mnoooooogo "vezbao" tu levu ruku u samotnjim nocima..Pazi kolika mu je ;)

Nadal, up close

Rafa or Nadal?
Rafa

The sea or the mountains?
The sea.

Day or night?
Day.

Meat or fish?
Fish.

Black or white?
White. I'm afraid of the dark.

Your greatest defect?
Untidiness.

One great virtue?
Naturalness.

Running or walking?
I don't like either for its own sake. I like to run for a purpose and walking bores me.

The family is...
Essential to me. We have an excellent relationship and that helps me.

The perfect day...
Fishing in the morning, golf and football in the afternoon and going out on the town at night.

The person you admire most...
Good people.

Anything you can't stand?
People who wish bad on others.

Health, wealth or love?
Health, health.... and the rest will come in time.

Do you still not know how much money you have in the bank?
To be quite honest, I don't. I don't worry about it.

Life is beautiful?
For me, yes. There's nothing I can complain about. I consider myself privileged.

March 20, 2008

Rafael Nadal

INDIAN WELLS, CALIFORNIA

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. You were very expressive at the end that match. Can you tell us how much beating James meant for you tonight?
RAFAEL NADAL: The thing is not beating James, no? The thing is being in semifinal and beating against two big players like Tsonga and Blake in quarterfinals. So for me it was very important two matches.
Because in the last months I didn't have bad results. Semifinal in Australia, final in Chennai and semifinal in Shanghai and final in Bercy. So it wasn't bad results. But the true is I feel like I didn't win against the best players the world, no? So when I have two consecutive wins against these players, so that's very important for me.

Q. At the same time, obviously the most important is getting through. But because you lost three times before to James, that must feel nice to know that you can win?
RAFAEL NADAL: Sure. I know he's a very difficult player for me for play against him, no? Very aggressive player all the time.
I like to play a little bit more from the baseline, no? And he play so aggressive all the time and it's very difficult for me. Sure, after three loses, it's very important for me and I'm very happy for that beat against big player like James and difficult player for me, no?

Q. Can you talk about the end of the third set, especially the game where you broke him. You were very aggressive with the forehand and the return of serve.
RAFAEL NADAL: I fought all the time. If I have the chance with the second serve in that game, I going to play aggressive. I going to play the winner inside or outside, but I going to try to do the winner with the forehand, no?
Sometimes in the match is some moments you have to do what you feel, no? And at this moment I feel like I'm playing good, good tennis, very good tennis today. I feel very good the ball with the forehand. So I think if I have to win this match, I have to win with my forehand. Well, lucky for me the ball is on the line.

Q. Next match is Djokovic in the semifinal. You have a better score than Djokovic. Any thoughts on that? Are you assuming maybe...
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, probably I play against one of the -- well, the best player of the first part of the season, so -- well, this is an interesting match for me, going to be challenge for me play against him.
The same time, very happy for be in the semifinal. Anyway, right now I have very good tournament, the first Masters Series of the year in hard court for play the semifinal is very good result, and for sure I going to try my best for play against Djokovic on Saturday.
So going to be a very tough match, I know. I have to play like the last part of the match if I want it bin.

Q. If you can compare, if that's possible, his game and Roger Federer's game, aside from the double-handed backhand and one-handed backhand, what are the similarities and differences between the two styles of the game?
RAFAEL NADAL: I'm nobody for speak about that, but I think the style is so different, no? I think, I don't know, what can I say? But I feel like Federer is more talented player, for sure. Both have very good forehand, both have good control with the backhand, and, well, good serve. Good serve for both, no?
Probably not big powerful serve, but always very good direction, 200, 210, 207 kilometers per hour. Perfect serve for his game, no?

Q. In the first set today, you were serving for the first set and you were down Love-40. Can you take us through what you did to turn it around and win that game?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, first, he has one mistake in the return of Love-40 with backhand on second serve. Later I think I played two good points, no? I play one aggressive point. And later in the 30-40 I have a good serve on his forehand and I put one forehand to his backhand and he put the ball out like this.
So, well, the true is it was a very important game, no?

Q. What did you tell yourself going into the third set, because it looked like after the second set he had regained control and he was, like you say, very aggressive and dictating all the time.
RAFAEL NADAL: Yes, but I didn't feel playing bad, so I am happy for play good. Try to go to the third set for -- try to play my best and enjoy the match and enjoy playing my game, because I'm playing fine. Be concentrate, so that's it.
So just try to play my best tennis. I know if I play my best tennis, my thought was I have to win my serve, because I think I going to have one chance for the break, no? I going to have chances for break.
But I know his big returner, so going to be tough save my serve for all the set. I have some breakpoint in the first game I think.

Q. Can you talk about the hard courts here? Just seem to be very comfortable on these hard courts. How are these different from like other hard courts here in America?
RAFAEL NADAL: I think the different is the ball, no? The ball is getting more topspin here than probably in Australia. The Penn ball is a little bit more favorable for me than the Wilson, that's for sure.
Well, for other reason I have more comfortable with the forehand, with the backhand, no? The ball getting more topspin and, well, my game is better like this.

PACIFIC LIFE OPEN

March 22, 2008

Rafael Nadal

INDIAN WELLS, CALIFORNIA

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. You seemed to have trouble finding your game most the day, and you appeared to have an injury. Give us an overview of what happened.
RAFAEL NADAL: No, sir, no. No injury. I didn't feel very well playing tennis. I had more mistakes than usually. Well, I feel a little bit tired from last two matches. That's sure. Because, well, in the runs I feel a little bit more slowly than days before.
Well, if you play against one player like Novak you have to play 100% if I want to have chances to win.

Q. Can you compare him from this time last year when you beat him in the finals?
RAFAEL NADAL: No. I can't compare Novack with last year. I play more times after the last year final from here, so we can't compare with other matches. I play like four or five matches. And, well, this one is the one who -- one he beat easier to me, I think is the one I play worst. That's sure. Well, the true is he play better than me, and for that reason he beat me. Difficult to say more things.

Q. Do you know why you didn't play your best today? Were you not feeling so good getting on the court, or did you know beforehand that you were not maybe 100% in your tennis?
RAFAEL NADAL: No. I have very tough matches in the rounds before, very tight matches. You have to be 100%, so he play, for sure, less hours than me on court, easier matches, and he play better than me, so cannot do a thing. That's it.

Q. Did you still feel that you can take confidence from the matches you won this week?
RAFAEL NADAL: For me it's a very positive tournament, no? Play semifinal in the first Masters Series of the season in hard court, beating two big players against Blake and Tsonga.
Today unfortunately I didn't play my best, and day was easier than I would like. But tennis is like this. The positive thing is I'm in semifinals, no? I have to think in positive and try to go to Miami with my best chances. I going to try my best for play a very good tournament there, no?

Q. Which tournament suits you better, this one or Miami, because of the conditions? Where do you feel more comfortable?
RAFAEL NADAL: For me here is very good conditions, no? Semifinals, Champions semifinals. I think in no other tournament in hard court I have this results, so maybe this one is very good conditions for me.
Miami I have final after one quarterfinals, third round, and fourth round, something like this. Not bad, too.

Q. What did you take the medical timeout for? What was happening with your foot?
RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, I was -- I don't know exactly, no? But very tough in English for me. I improve but not a lot.
MODERATOR: Just next to the nail, next to the toenail. It was just, you know, bothering me. It was hitting -- every time I was pushing near the toenail.
RAFAEL NADAL: I'm not saying that this affect something in the match. It's not an excuse.

Q. Even though you were tired and he was playing well, you did have some chances.
RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah. I had the break in the first set. Well, he break me in the next game so it's too soon. If I won that game 3-1, I can get more confidence because he had start the match having some mistakes, too.
It was tough, the break back after my break, no? So, well, after this I feel he (in Spanish).
THE MODERATOR: With very little he was hurting me much more than I was doing to him.
RAFAEL NADAL: And I think that this thing happened because I was a little bit slow, slower than the day before, no? So I can't go to the ball and continuing running 100%.
So he play very inside the court. He always beat me the position inside the court easier than I can do against him. With his backhand, cross backhand, it is bothering me a lot.

Q. It seems like with Djokovic now as opposed to last year - I think you played him seven times in the last year - it's hard to hit through him to find places to exploit him.
RAFAEL NADAL: He's a very complete player, no? Very good serve, very good backhand, very good forehand. He's moving fast and moving well. He has very good position on court.
He has the position -- feel the position inside the court very easy, and that's very difficult when you're playing with these fast balls. He can do it, so that's exceptional quality.
So, well, the only way for beat him is the way when I play against him in Shanghai: Very aggressive. All the time playing the ball with -- touching the ball with big powerful backhand, forehand, and try to play very good.

Q. On a hard surface, how would you compare a guy like Novak to someone like Roger in terms of being difficult to play against?
RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know, no? I don't like to compare the players, no? Everyone have his style, so that's it.

Q. Did you feel you were moving slower than usual right from the very start of the match or a few games into the first set?
RAFAEL NADAL: I feel slower from the beginning, I think, no? Well, I am coming more tired during the match, no? I think I start the match --
BENITO PEREZ: Spark.
RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know in English. Sorry.

Q. How good do you think Novak is playing right now? He's had such good result this year. Do you think he's maybe even better than Roger right now the way he's playing?
RAFAEL NADAL: Another comparation (sic).

Q. Really more his level.
RAFAEL NADAL: Right now he's No. 1 on the race, and he going to continuing be No. 1 because he has a very good result here, no?
I think he's not better than Roger, but in the first part of the season he play better than no one, so going to have big chances for be No. 1 this year for sure. Why not?

Q. What do you do now? Do you rest a little bit? Take some time off? Disengage everything? Or do you go back out there and work hard?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I have a lot of hours this week on court. I have to rest one day, that's sure.
Tomorrow I going to have day off, and I think fly tomorrow night to Miami. I going to practice in Miami late Monday, late in the afternoon.

Q. Will you do anything on your day off? Play golf or anything, or just sit around the room?
RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, sleep a little bit and well, love to play golf, yes. That's it. Maybe watch a little bit the final tomorrow. I don't know. Depends.

Q. Nothing special, Rafa, for Easter? You know it's Easter Sunday.
RAFAEL NADAL: Nothing special, no? I would love to go to Los Angeles for watch the Lakers, but Gasol is injury, so I am thinking. I don't know yet

Надал никада није давао циничне изјаве у вези Нолета и има поштовање према њему за разлику од арогантног Федерера.
Не волим га, али га поштујем због тога јер је увек и више него коректан у изјавама. ;-)

Da, ali cemu ono debilno svadjanje sa sudijom? Videlo se da je znatno isfrustriran... :)
A kako i ne bi , kada ga je Djoksi ''pregazzio''

Čini mi se da je Rafu posebno uvrijedilo što mu je sudac rekao da nije fer to što traži. Jer zna se koliko Rafa drži do fair playa, pa je i govorio sudcu da nikad ne prekida meč usred poena osim ako baš nema razloga.

Nadal je bio u pravu,on je bas ok momak i skroman i zato ga gotivim,jer je uvek fer-plej,isto kao i nas Nole bas protiv Nadala je pokazao kada je priznao onaj jedan poen,vidi se da su ok momci obojica

Španski teniser Rafael Nadal kritikovao je kreatore kalendara ATP Tura, koji su ovog proleća smestili četiri važna turnira na šljaci u isto toliko nedelja.

Reč je o turnirima Masters serije u Monte Karlu, Rimu i Hamburgu, kao i turniru "zlatne serije" u Barseloni.

"Nečuveno je na koji način ATP tretira Evropljane, naročito specijaliste za šljaku. Učinili su nam život nepodnošljivim, a sve to zato što su termini Majamija i Indijan Velsa pomereni zbog američke koledž košarke! Razumem da je to u SAD važan događaj, ali ovo je svetski teniski tur", rekao je Nadal.

Majorčanin je prošle godine osvojio tri od četiri pomenuta turnira na šljaci, samo ga je u finalu Hamburga savladao Rože Federer.

Sa ovako zgusnutim rasporedom i samo nedelju dana pauze između Hamburga i Rolan Garosa, gde će takođe braniti tron, biće pravo čudo ako Nadal odbrani silne bodove.

"Muka mi je od žalopojki. Ljudi koji o svemu odlučuju ne dele moje mišljenje i jedino mogu da se pomirim sa postojećim stanjem stvari".

Nadal je trostruki uzastopni osvajač Rolan Garosa i ove godine imaće šansu da izjednači rekord Bjerna Borga, koji je od 1978. do 1981. trijumfovao četiri puta u nizu. Pre nego što je u Hamburgu izgubio od Federera, Nadal je imao seriju od 81 pobede na šljaci.

The extent to which Rafael Nadal, the three-times champion here, was in terrible pain from a blistered foot was confirmed yesterday. A syringe was required to draw blood from the affected area, such a painful experience that Nadal was moved to bite hard on a towel to stop himself from screaming in agony. He was back on the golf course yesterday – in a buggy – so things are looking up and the Spaniard intends to play the German Open in Hamburg next week

:(

sad je barem sve ok s njim

Nordic, moram jos jednom da kazem... Kada vec ne navijas za zemljake, izabrao si pravog tenisera. Ovaj covek ne samo da se pokazuje na terenu, vec je i van njega prava retkost u pozitivnom smislu... Ubedljivo ga najvise gotivim od svih stranaca, ma koliko bio 1 od 2 najveca konkurent mom favoritu... (naravno, ovo je vazilo i pre vesti koju cu preneti a koja samo potvrdjuje ono sto naznacih)...

-------------------

Nadal: "Novak drugi do Vimbldona"

Španski teniser Rafael Nadal izjavio je da očekuje da ga Novak Đoković zameni na drugom mestu ATP liste najkasnije na Otvorenom prvenstvu Engleske u Vimbldonu, a verovatno i pre toga. Prvu priliku da to uradi, srspki as će imati na Masters turniru koji je počeo u Hamburgu. Nadal i Đoković trebalo bi da se sastanu u polufinalu i ukoliko pobedi, naš teniser bi već narednog ponedeljka bio drugi igrač sveta.

"Kralj šljake" prošle godine je na zemljanim terenima izgubio samo jedan meč, u finalu Hamburga protiv Rodžera Federera, a stigao je i do finala Vimbldona i svestan je da će sve te bodove teško odbraniti.

"Posle Rima, Novak mi se makismalnio približio i nema sumnje da je sposoban da me pretekne. Mislim, u stvari siguran sam, da je u ovom trenutku jedino logično da zauzme moje mesto na ATP listi. Ako ne ovde, onda svakako na Rolan Garosu ili najkasnije na Vimbldonu", rekao je Nadal po dolasku u Hamburg.

Španski teniser kaže da mu neće biti žao kada se to dogodi, jer prepušta mesto odličnom igraču.

"Novak je veliki teniser i na pravi način gradi karijeru. Ukoliko za pet ili mesec dana budem treći na ATP listi, biću treći. Kada se to dogodi, prihvatiću takvu činjenicu, čestitati Novaku i uraditi sve da se vratim", rekao je Nadal.

Španski teniser ponovo je kritikovao čelnike ATP zbog zgusnutog kalendara turnira koji se igraju na šljaci. Na zahtev američke televizije, sezona na zemljanim terenima u Evropi skraćena je za sedam dana, pa se u četiri sedmice igraju tri mastersa i turnir u Barseloni.

"Ovakav kalendar niko ne može da izdrži i svi zbog toga imaju samo štete - i igrači i organizatori i publika", rekao je Nadal.

On je dodao da se oporavio od povrede stopala zbog koje je rano ispao na tunriru u Rimu i da je spreman da brani finale u Hamburgu.

"Sada se osećam mnogo bolje. Još nisam stopostotno spreman, ali sam mnogo spremniji nego pre par dana u Rimu. Ukoliko vreme ostane ovako lepo, nadam se da ću imati dobar turnir", rekao je Nadal.

ma brate sve ja to znam :ok:

za Rafu ce ti svaki teniser ATP-a reci samo reci hvale i potpuno je neverovatno da je on nakon silnih uspeha koje u njegovim godinama verovatno nije imao nijedan teniser i dalje prirodni mladic sa Majorke (bogatiji za 25 trofeja i mnogo miliona)

citao sam neku izjavu na Eurosportu gde je opet rekao da se ne opterecuje mnogo ATP listom i da se znaju njegovi prioriteti

Back