Rafael Nadal

heheee... ma cak mi vise i nije cudno kada rafa to radi (akcenat je bio na ubijanju plena :D)... postalo je normalno :eek: mozda je to njegova fora da malo po malo- navuce i teniserke da rade isto, i tako privuce jos vise publike na teniske meceve (mada kada se opet setim kuznjecove....)...
kakogod- ne brini nordic. od stranih igraca najvise gotivim rafu. ;)
btw- kakvi sad poeni (ce leteti)... :?:

A jeste zločasti s tim komentarima sa mišićima :lol: ;), Pa nije mu uopće ogromna razlika, to se samo čini kad nosi te majice bez rukava. Evo vidite

a ni ovdje ne izgleda kao neki Rambo među ovim dečkima

Što striko kaže:Toni permitted himself the luxury of joking about his nephew's body - "the muscles you see on television are magnified; they aren't half as big as that"

I čitala sam komentare puno ljudi koji su ga vidjeli uživo i svi kažu da mu uživo mišići nisu ni upola onoliki kao što izgleda na televiziji.:)

To je sve zdrava mediteranska prehrana sa Majorke, riba, maslinovo ulje, pršut... Kao kod mene u Dalmaciji. Nema zdravijeg od toga, zbog toga je tako atletski građen.;)

Malo stariji članak, ali govori dosta o Nadalu kao osobi.;)

Game, set and catch: Rafael Nadal goes fishing
By SIMON KINNERSLEY - More by this author » Last updated at 17:44pm on 2nd June 2007

His intense and flamboyant tennis has brought him trophies and riches.
But away from the frenzy of centre court, world No2 Rafa Nadal has no time for Monte Carlo glitz and girls - he's a little deeper than that

Rafael Nadal, or Rafa, as everyone in the tennis world calls him, is emotionally spent.
He might be freshly showered, his sweat-stained bandana in the laundry basket, but as he slumps in his chair it’s clear that the pain of his defeat in the Hamburg final an hour earlier will take longer to wash away.

This wasn’t just any defeat. It was the end of Rafa’s record-breaking two-year, 81-match winning streak on clay; the end, too, of his stranglehold on arch-rival Roger Federer on that surface.
The Spanish world No 2 knows he has given the No 1 a chance to breathe. It may prove a pivotal moment in their fascinating battle for supremacy.

At the after-match press conference, Nadal has shown all the bravura and chutzpah of the fist-pumping, sweat-dripping, heart-stopping on-court persona the fans so adore.
He’s been generous about his streak ending at the hands of the greatest player in the world, joked with reporters and smiled at everyone, saying that it has been good preparation for what lies ahead.

Back at the hotel, it’s a rather different story.
His losing-finalist trophy is stuffed casually in his kit bag as he walks through to the deserted cafeteria.
His laces drag along the ground wearily. For a man known for his bulging biceps, he seems momentarily swamped by his T-shirt and cargo shorts.
"You must be a little disappointed that the streak is over," I say lightly.

"Am I crying?" he replies grimly. "I get over these things quickly.

"When you walk out on to the tennis court, one of you is going to win and the other is going to lose. That’s how it is.
"You cannot win every match."

He looks across the table, emphasising that there are no tears running down his cheeks.
It’s the end of a six-week road trip during which he has won four tournaments, rewritten the record books with that winning streak and brought his winnings to around £1 million in the past year and at least £15 million in total.
But while his diary tells him that ahead lie The Artois Championships (opening June 11) at the Queen’s Club, west London, where he will be the star attraction, followed by the short hop over to Wimbledon, just for now tennis is not dominating his thoughts.
In the morning, he’ll catch a flight home to Majorca, dump his bags, drive to Porto Cristo and jump aboard his father’s boat.

"I am going fishing," he says, stirring from his torpor, a smile spreading across his face.
He pauses, relishing the idea, then continues: "I love fishing for three reasons: the calm and tranquillity, the beauty of the sea – and, of course, the satisfaction of catching your dinner."

For an impossibly rich young man, celebrating his 21st birthday today (June 3), the trip will be a simple affair.

No floating gin palace for him; his father’s eight-metre boat has seen better days, his rod and tackle are bottom of the range from a local shop, and the remainder of his kit is borrowed from his companions, a couple of his father’s friends.

"My own friends are all at work or studying," he observes rather sadly.
Catching fish is really of secondary importance.

"I can forget about everything. No one can call me, because I keep my mobile switched off, so I can relax and not think about tennis.

"Sometimes we talk and sometimes we just sit in silence, waiting for a bite." He is lost for a few moments. He is in the boat, he can feel the warm offshore breeze on his skin… Then he jolts back to the present and the weariness returns.
Later, I join him to watch Real Madrid playing on TV.
Discussion ranges widely, about the merits of David Beckham ("a great passer of the ball"), Ruud van Nistelrooy ("I cannot understand how Manchester United let him go") and so on.
When Real take the lead, Rafa goes mental – he is out of his chair, hands aloft, dancing around, cheering, his broad grin flashing.
Not even when he beat Federer in the final of the French Open last year did he look so thrilled.

In essence, there are two Rafas. One is the ruthless, relentless competitor, who will slug and grunt it out for hours on end while playing to the gallery with his exuberant, extrovert style.

Then there’s the home-loving boy, the unpretentious, unobtrusive, ordinary guy next-door.

"The only thing that has changed is that I am more famous.
"Everything else is the same," he says.
"I still live at home with my parents and sister in Manacor.
"I have the same bedroom. My mother still chastises me if my room is untidy, my sister still teases me.
"When I go out in the evening, it is with the same friends, who I have known since we met at school aged four.
"We don’t talk about tennis. They have their work, I have mine.
"What I do is just my job. The people in the village are the same.
"I have lived there all my life – why should they treat me any differently?"

Nadal shows few signs of material success. His mobile phone is just a standard type without a camera.
His rubber-strapped watch is similarly basic, while his clothes could be from a sale rack. He drives a modest Kia at home.
"I won a Mercedes in Stuttgart but I leave it in the garage. I prefer a simple car," he says.

Apart from a PlayStation bought to while away hours in his hotel room and a few free clothes donated by the Hugo Boss store in Palma (which is not even one of his sponsors), he has no flashy toys or trimmings.
Yet, he insists, he wants for nothing.
"Shopping doesn’t interest me. Even if I had the time, which I don’t, I wouldn’t bother.
"I have everything – what more could I want? As for buying my own home, why would I?
"I’m only in Majorca two months of the year. The rest of the time I am travelling.
"Besides, why would I want to come home to an empty house? I’m far happier being with my family."
Buying a place will come later, of course.
"You have to remember, I am just a boy."
One thing he is sure about: he will not be joining the throng of sporting tax exiles in Monte Carlo.
"What other people do is up to them but I would never move somewhere I didn’t want to live, just to save money.
"There is only one place in the world I want to be and that is in my village.
"It is my home; it is where I want to grow old. It’s so peaceful and calm, so laid-back. People just quietly go about their lives. Nothing changes there."
It’s no surprise to discover that neither the women players on the circuit nor the alluringly dressed girls who penetrate the security of the players’ lounge are of any interest to Rafa.
He has a girlfriend, Francesca Perello, back home.
"She is taking a degree at the university in Palma, in business and administration.
"She is busy with her own life," he explains.
"Her studies are far more important than watching me play."
His relatives, too, mostly prefer to keep a low profile back in the village.
Yet Nadal’s tennis career is very much a family affair.
It was his uncle Toni who encouraged him to take up the sport and still coaches him today (he could have chosen to follow the footsteps of another uncle, Miguel, a football international who played in three World Cups).
His father, Sebastian, takes care of finances. "I have no idea how much I have," Rafa says casually.
"I don’t play for money. If I was not good enough to be a professional, then I would join a club and pay to play."
According to current world No 3 Andy Roddick, seeing Rafa across the net is one of the most daunting sights in sport.
"Just look at him," says Roddick.
"My family are Wisconsin farmers, so we’re not small, but he’s a beast with those muscles. When you hear him grunting, it feels like you’re playing a wild bull."
That’s the Rafa the fans know and love: passionate, intense.
But after the final shot is played, there’ll be a sign on his door: ‘Gone fishing’. The Artois Championships run from June 11–17 and will be shown live on BBC 2

HE BELIEVES THAT HIS COMPATRIOT AND FRIEND, RAFA NADAL, WILL BE NUMBER ONE

Tomeu: "Federer is the best tennis player from history"

DAVID MENAYO / Madrid

Bartolomé Salva-Vidal combines his apparitions in ATP tournaments with his participation in challengers and futures. For now, he takes it little by little, but he stand on double in order to keep learning. Friend of his friends, the manacorí spokes this Monday on the microphones of 'Tie-Break', the tennis program of RadioMarca...

One of those (double) partners with whom we saw you in some ATP tournaments is Rafa Nadal, the one with also you have a great friendship, right?

Yes. Last year we played a few tournaments together, this year we also played double in Chennai and it’s an enormous pleasure to be partner with him.

The friendship with Rafa, arises inside out of the court or goes beyond? Because since you were small you are together in this of the racquet...

We know each other from the age of seven years, we are both from Manacor, we have always maintained a great friendship and we continue to maintain.

You are the ones who shares the PlayStation with Rafa besides the racquet?

Every time when we can play, we do it. He likes a lot the football game, in which he emphasizes the most, but to me the soccer... I prefer others.

I imagine that in so much time together, you have a lots of anecdotes. You would be able to tell us one of it wich come in your mind now?

We always played together in the same team in the European Championships and in the World Championships. One of those World Championships was disputed in “La Vol” and Rafa likes a lot the sea, the fishing, to walk through the beach... Rafa went to the beach and collected shell of the clams, he made collection, and when it was the time to play he carried the collection wich he liked the most and he put it next to the chair as a amulet. He did it during all the week... and we finished winning.

Tomeu, do you see Rafa as number one of the world?

It’s not easy for me to tell it, but I believe that in some moment of his career, I expect that to be this year, he will obtain it, I trust that he will do it. He must to believe a lot in him, to be very well in mental area and the key can be very well in all the surfaces. He does it very well on clay, he handles two years doing it very well on grass and if he wants to be number one he has to do it a little better.

Nadal Puts Foot Down

By Tennis Week Thursday, February 28, 2008

Rafael Nadal has put his foot down in stomping out suggestions his former foot injury could be a chronic condition that cuts his career short.

"I don’t think so at all," Nadal told Jaydip Sengupta of the Xpress. "I have played my best year in 2007 and that foot injury you talk about was in 2005. It is already over."

Toni Nadal, Rafa's uncle and coach, told Tennis Week Editor-At-Large Richard Evans in the new issue of Tennis Week Magazine that the hard courts on the ATP Tour are creating injury issues for several players.

"It is a medical problem for everyone," Toni Nadal told Evans. "What other sport asks its athletes to compete on this kind of surface? Runners run on Tartan, which is cushioned. Soccer and rugby players play on grass. No one has to suffer this kind of physical hardship like tennis players."

The elder Nadal cites injury time-outs during the 2007 U.S. Open to support his point.

"By the time he got to the final, Novak Djokovic was suffering from a bad back," Toni Nadal told Evans. "Knees, ankles, backs, wrists — everyone has a problem somewhere. But the ATP won't listen. They should be responsible for the future health of their players, but they do nothing."

The three-time French Open champion reached the Australian Open semifinal last month — his best Melbourne result in four appearances Down Under - before bowing to Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, 6-2, 6-3, 6-2. Nadal, who lost to Mikhail Youzhny in the Chennai final that opened the season, lost to Andreas Seppi in last week's Rotterdam event.

The second-ranked Spaniard has not won a tournament title since he beat Stanislas Wawrinka, 6-4, 7-5, to capture the Stuttgart championship on red clay last July. Since then, Nadal was a semifinalist at the Masters Series event in Cincinnati, a finalist in the Paris Masters Series and a semifinalist at the season-ending Tennis Masters Cup in Shanghai.

He returns to hard courts in next week's Barclays Dubai Tennis Championships. Nadal beat World No. 1 Roger Federer, 2-6, 6-4, 6-4 to win the 2006 Dubai title and lost to Youzhny, 7-6, 6-3, in the 2007 Dubai quarterfinals.

"[Dubai] is amazing. You have the top seven or eight players there," Nadal told the Xpress. "It is probably more difficult than a Grand Slam to win since we play in only six days. It will be interesting, I had a good preparation and it will be exciting to play a tournament with the best players there."

Two weeks removed from launching defense of his Indian Wells title, Nadal said he's satisfied with his quality of play this season.

"I have played good tennis so far and have had good results," Nadal said. "I reached the semis in Australia and the final in Chennai. It would have been better to win but I am satisfied with how I have done so far in 2008."

Šta to kaže ujka Toni neće iz atp da ga slušaju a šta on hoće da se sve podloge promene i da se svuda postavi šljaka
Da se to uradi išlo bi na ruku Rafi u velikoj meri zbog njegovih rezultata na šljaki a i nebi bilo zanimljivo ko sada kada se igra na različitim podlogama.

Cincy-20060817-0330.jpg

14464439_Rafael-Nadal.jpg

ako bi nesto mogli da urade, to je da sa travom pojedu malo tvrde podloge... to jedino ima smisla, iako ne bih to i voleo :)
ali znam jednog imenjaka koji verovatno bi. :lol:

Ehm...Ko bi taj mogao biti? :)

Pa ako Lendl kaze da je trava za krave,onda ja kazem da je sljaka za Nadale :D :D :D Da se malo rimuje!

No,nemam ja nista protiv sljake.Bas mi se to i svidja ta razlicitost podloga.Moras bre sve da znas ako hoces da budes vrhunski teniser.Licno,voleo bih da ima par turnira vise na travi,to moras i sam da priznas da je steta sto nema.
Inace,ja mislim da nista ne fali tvrdoj podlozi.Pa do skoro se igralo na betonu,sta o tome reci?

Ali me nervira kad recimo na Vimbldonu nabace neku sporiju travu i tome slicno.Pa cekaj.... Roland Garos je za igrace koji mogu besomucno da mlate po loptici.Ostala brza podloga je manje vise za servis-volej igrace,ali i tu se mogu ubaciti sljakeri.Vimbldon po meni mora da bude najbrzi turnir,ako treba samo servis,servis,servis...Na kraju krajeva
moraju i serveri da imaju neki svoj turnir!

I ako mene pitas,ne bih ja tu nista menjao...Dakle,1 GS na sljaci,1 na travi,2 na brzoj podlozi(ona u Australiji malo manje brza),3 Mastersa na sljaci-ostali na manje vise brzim podogama....

Ne znam sta bi hteo Toni Nadal...Mozda da uguraju jos jedan Masters na sljaci?Tja,da mu nije sestric Rafa mislim da mu to nikad ne bi palo na pamet :D :D :D

Čini mi se da se ovaj članak neće baš svidjeti Rogerovim fanovima.;)

Rafael Nadal in Dubai

Smash Hits

With more charisma than Roger Federer and an uncanny habit of beating the seemingly invincible Swiss master, Rafael Nadal is poised to become one of the greats. Ahead of his return to Dubai, the world’s number two talks to Andy Buchan about tennis cheats, being 22 and, of course, Roger Federer.

What makes a winner? Is it their impeccable record? Is it their ability to entertain a crowd, perhaps in spite of the result? Or is it a mystical, and almost indefinable quality where the two are brilliantly combined?

Whatever the formula, winning in the men’s tennis championship in the last 10 years has been a near impossible task. First there was the dastardly-good Pete Sampras who topped the ATP rankings for a record six years and dominated the game so much that Tennis Magazine called him the greatest player of the last 40 years. Then along came that other tennis Terminator, Roger Federer, who for several years now has decimated anyone in his path.

While the winning record of these two champions is immense – Sampras won 77 per cent of his matches while Federer is currently cruising along at a peerless 80 per cent win rate – one thing that can be asked is; did they make tennis boring? Sure , they swept all and sundry before them, but many would argue they lacked personality and the ability to connect with their audience.

One thing is not up for debate: Rafael Nadal, the young pretender to the world’s number one title, has on-court charisma to burn. Distinctively dressed – the flared pantaloons he once sported caused a stir in the fashion world – his tanned, lithe figure combined with a dashing ponytail makes him more Milan catwalk than centre court.

And, aged just 22, he has already denied Federer three Grand Slams (the young Spaniard currently boasts an 8-6 lead, mainly thanks to his undisputed dominance on clay), earned in excess of US$15 million and won over a legion of fans thanks to his dynamic playing style. But despite all these achievements, Nadal is still reminiscing about the first tour victory, when he was just 15.

‘It was something extraordinary since I was playing at an ATP tournament at home in Mallorca,’ he says through a translator – his English is improving we’re told, but not up to interview standard yet. ‘Yes, I remember that match. I was lucky to receive an invitation to play and I managed to win that first match.’

If that opening victory was impressive – by defeating Ramon Delgado he became only the ninth player to record an ATP win before his 16th birthday – then the preceding one surely set the tone for his career. Aged just 14 and playing an exhibition match against Antipodean ace Pat Cash, Nadal narrowly edged out the Wimbledon winner.

Part of the reason for that has to be his double-handed back hand, an eye-catching and uncommon sight in the men’s game that he says allows him to open up the angles on the court before unleashing his devastating topspin shots.

From there, Nadal went on to become the most complete clay court player in the world, with his purple patch lasting a record-breaking 81 matches before he suffered defeat at the hands of his tennis nemesis, Roger Federer. And it’s against the Swiss swinger that Nadal has produced some his most jaw-dropping tennis.

‘I agree and many of our matches have been great,’ he says in his garrulous Spanish. ‘I remember especially the final in Rome, last year’s Wimbledon final, Roland Garros two years ago and the Dubai final, also two years ago. Great matches with a great level of tennis.’

But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Remember this tennis prodigy is merely a 22 year old manboy – a full five years younger than Federer – and, if he lived in Dubai, would only have been allowed in a pub for a year. Not only does he have to come racquet to racquet with some of the finest athletes on the face of this planet, and frequently best them, he also has to contend with interview requests, sponsorship pressures, charity obligations and, something that most of us find hard enough in itself; growing up.

‘It is not a problem at all,
’ he says when asked about the pressure. ‘I have a normal life as a tennis player. I enjoy it since I do what I like. There are things like not being at home that are hard but that’s the way it is. I have people in my team helping me to coordinate the agenda and everything is done in a professional way. I am used to it and I enjoy the competition.’

If it all sounds a little mechanical and staid, then that’s undoubtedly because it is. He’s clearly been well-versed in the art of media conversation. And equally when we probe about the match fixing claims that Andy Murray hinted at last year, he’s equally cautious. ‘I have said it many times,’ he says. ‘I have never seen anything strange and never been approached, so as far as I know or am concerned there is nothing.’

But his youthful honesty does briefly surface when we ask if, as a young man, he feels at ease playing with the best of the best on a weekly basis?

Playing comfortably? I still don’t know about that,’ he says, his exuberance faltering. ‘I do have the ambition to keep improving and to be a better player; the titles and points will come if I continue to improve. I would like to win slams, of course, but I try to win at every tournament I enter.’

And that determination shows in his second-to-only-one record to date. Last year he won the French Open, defeating Federer in the final – giving him a two match advantage in their head-to-head battles – while this year he reached the Australian semis where he lost to the eventual winner, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. But the $64,000 question – although the winner’s purse will far exceed that amount in Dubai – is can he beat Federer?

‘I don’t know. I suppose I will need first to win which is not easy and then decide what to do. Step by step.’ A man who’s growing up with every tournament, a victory in Dubai would be the latest chapter in his bid to be tennis’ next big winner.

Nadal in numbers

The number of unbeaten matches he enjoyed on clay, the longest winning streak in history.

The age at which Nadal ditched football and concentrated his talents on tennis.

Match winning streak, the longest by a teenager in the ATP.

Number of Dubai titles he’s won. He defeated Federer in the 2006 final.

Number of victories he’s achieved over Federer.

Number of times Federer has defeated Nadal.

By Andy Buchan, Monday February 18 2008

Taman ce posle Dubaija da bude skor 7-8,a posle Monte Karla 8-8 i to je to ;) Onda ce ga Federer dobiti na Roland Garosu pa an Vimbldonu i eto 10-8 za Rozea :D :D :D

A inace,Federer je osvojio 5 Dubaija a Nadal samo jedan.
Taj niz pobeda od 81 je upravo Federer prekinuo,oh sto sam uzivao u tom mecu u Hamburgu..Posle katastrofa prvog seta,Federer je pojeo Rafu..Mada meni i dalje ostaje misljenje kao da je Rafa sam sebi rekao,ma evo ti jedan turnir na sljaci,nosi kuci,daj da uzmem Roland Garos :D

Inace,gotivim ja Rafu,no mi je ipak Fedja-CAR :D

Da Rafa nekako ne osvoji RG ove godine baš bi me šokiralo, ne želim ni pomisliti na to. Jedino bi to popravio da osvoji Wimbledon. A kad bi osvojio i RG i Wimbledon to bi bio san snova, ne mora onda do kraja sezone dobiti više ni meča što se mene tiče :lol:

Nesvidja mi se samo jedna činjenica što se uvek uporedjuju godine i podvlači da je Federer stariji od Rafe pa šta ako je stariji on i onako planira da igra do 35! Baš bih volela da se to i ostvari!

Back