mambo to joomla

#Are patches for Joomla! and Mambo interchangeable?
No. The two projects are maintained independently by different development teams.

#Will Mambo addons continue to work in Joomla! ?
Addons (templates, components, modules, mambots and language packs) designed for Mambo 4.5.2 will generally run on Joomla 1.0. It is possible that some Mambo addons will run on Joomla 1.5. Mambo addons designed for version 4.6 will likely not run on Joomla, nor will extensions designed for Joomla 1.5 run on Mambo.

#Can I just patch my existing Mambo site to make it Joomla! ?
No. The rebranding affects almost all files so it is not possible to patch just a few files.

#Can I use my Mambo database for Joomla! ?
Yes. Joomla! 1.0 will be able to use a Mambo 4.5.2 database. It's likely that Joomla! 1.5 will be able to use a Mambo 4.6 database, with appropriate upgrading, but at this stage we cannot be certain.

#What happens in the future when Joomla! and Mambo diverge?
That's a hard question to answer because we don't know.

codemaker:
#Are patches for Joomla! and Mambo interchangeable?
No. The two projects are maintained independently by different development teams.

#Will Mambo addons continue to work in Joomla! ?
Addons (templates, components, modules, mambots and language packs) designed for Mambo 4.5.2 will generally run on Joomla 1.0. It is possible that some Mambo addons will run on Joomla 1.5. Mambo addons designed for version 4.6 will likely not run on Joomla, nor will extensions designed for Joomla 1.5 run on Mambo.

#Can I just patch my existing Mambo site to make it Joomla! ?
No. The rebranding affects almost all files so it is not possible to patch just a few files.

#Can I use my Mambo database for Joomla! ?
Yes. Joomla! 1.0 will be able to use a Mambo 4.5.2 database. It's likely that Joomla! 1.5 will be able to use a Mambo 4.6 database, with appropriate upgrading, but at this stage we cannot be certain.

#What happens in the future when Joomla! and Mambo diverge?
That's a hard question to answer because we don't know.

Code hvala puno! Sad kapiram zasto sam imao nekih problema ranije.

Back