- Alien Swarm is being released for free by Valve.
- Is a tactical, 4 player co-op action game with a top-down perspective.
- Complete game code and mod tools available to the community.
- The SDK is separate from that of other Source games.
- Features 4 unique classes.
- Over 40 weapons and equipment with many configurations.
- 8 unique characters.
- Has Easy, Normal, Hard, and Insane difficulties.
- Features only Campaign Mode and Offline Practice Mode.
- Uses L4D2 style add-on system for custom campaigns.
- Much less randomization than L4D so players can observe, learn, and overcome challenges.
- Uses a modified Source engine between the L4D2 and Portal 2 iterations.
- Supports dedicated and listen servers.
- Contains Valve game easter eggs.
- 64 achievements
- Does not currently support Mac or controllers.
Alien Swarm is a game and Source SDK release from a group of talented designers at Valve who were hired from the Mod community.Classes
Available free of charge, the game thrusts players into an epic bug hunt featuring a unique blend of co-op play and squad-level tactics. With your friends, form a squad of four distinct IAF Marine classes. Plan your attack using an unlockable arsenal of weapons with countless loadout configurations against a wide variety of aliens. Blaze your way through an overrun, off-world colony, eradicating the alien infestation in environments ranging from the icy planet's surface, to a subterranean lava-flooded mining facility.
Along with the game get the complete code base for Alien Swarm that features updates to the Source engine as well as the SDK. Alien Swarm adds 3rd person camera, depth of field, improved dynamic shadows and a wide variety of gameplay additions to the Source engine.
There are 4 distinct playable IAF (Interstellar Armed Forces) marine classes to choose from in the game. Each class has it's own set of strengths and weaknesses and will feature 2 playable characters to choose from for a total of 8.
Alien Swarm History
The game will launch with 7 official maps for players to battle their way through, we'll see what we get in the future through updates and community content. Here is a list of maps with known objectives.
Deima Surface Bridge
- Activate Cable Railway
- Detonate Warhead
Average gamers who weren't familiar with Alien Swarm already were a bit thrown off by Valve's announcement a few days before the games launch. Alien Swarm originally started out as a total conversion mod for Unreal Tournament 2k4 and released in 2004 by Black Cat Games. After receiving several updates and rising in popularity the team behind it began work on a full stand alone version. System Requirements
It wasn't long before Valve did what it was good at, noticed some small time talent, and picked the team up before the game actually saw release. As the team was absorbed into Valve studios they continued work on the game through the Source engine. Jumping forward to July 2010, Valve announced the release of the game over Steam just mere days before hand. The decision to release the game for free was made most likely to promote the Steam Platform and as a show of good faith to the community. While the immediate monetary profit is not seen, these sorts of unique business maneuvers have usually profited Valve more in the long run and pushed them to the top of the PC gaming industry.
- OS: Windows® 7 / Vista / Vista64 / XP
- Processor: Pentium 4 3.0GHz
- Memory: 1 GB for XP / 2GB for Vista
- Graphics: DirectX 9 compatible video card with 128 MB, Shader model 2.0. ATI X800, NVidia 6600 or better
- Hard Drive: At least 2.5 GB of free space
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
dakle igrica je potpuno besplatna i jako zabavna,obavezno probajte.
ako neko vec igra ovo nek se javi pa da odigramo neku partijicu...